2018 Norwood Short Course Carnvival
DATE: Sunday, June 24th, 2018
START TIME: 1pm. ESTIMATED FINISH TIME: 6pm.
LOCATION: Adelaide Aquatic Centre, Cnr Fitzroy Tce and Jeffcott St, North Adelaide
The Norwood Swimming Club has some amazing things on offer when you join us for our Short Course Carnival!
The first bit of exciting news is that every swimmer who swims a minimum of 4 events will receive a voucher for a free burger, thanks to Grill'd Norwood, the healthy burger partner of the Norwood Swimming Club. How good is that?
And in another sensational initiative, to celebrate the launch of the new range of Funky Trunks and Funkita swimwear, the Norwood Swimming Club and Way Funky are very excited to announce an additional event to conclude this year’s carnival... “THE FUNKY 50s”:
- All carnival entrants who enter all four 50m events (free, back, breast and fly) are eligible for the “Funky 50”, which will be held immediately after the completion of the carnival events per the event listing.
- The fastest 8 swimmers in each age group by gender qualify for their age group and gender’s “Funky 50” race. (This will be determined by points score over all four 50m carnival events, with combined times being used in the case of tie-breaker to make the top 8).
- There will be a "Funky 50" race for each of these 6 age groups - 9/U, 10, 11, 12, 13-15, 16 and over. One race for girls and one for boys.
- The prize for each "Funky 50" race is a new pair of Funky Trunks / Funkita bathers!
- To swim in the “Funky 50” race, swimmers must wear Funky Trunks or Funkita bathers. (They don't need to wear them for the whole carnival, but must race the "Funky 50" in their Funky Trunks or Funkita bathers if they want to win a new pair!)
- The stroke to be swum for each “Funky 50” race will be drawn out of a hat.
- There is no additional cost to enter the “Funky 50” race! Simply enter all four 50m carnival events to be eligible!
For younger swimmers, why not have a go at all four 50 metre events and be rewarded with a free Grill'd burger plus a chance to win a pair of Funky Trunks or Funkita bathers!
Plus, we will have heaps of other brilliant activities and our usual fun throughout the carnival!
Please remember that entries may close before the entry deadline if entry limits are reached, so PLEASE ENTER EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
COME'N'TRY FREE EVENTS FOR NON-CLUB SWIMMERS:
The Norwood Swimming Club welcomes non-club swimmers to enter the Come'n'Try events at our upcoming short course (25m) carnival. The Come'n'Try events will be run at approximately 2:30pm and 3:15pm.
50m freestyle will be the first Come'n'Try event at approximately 2:30, followed by 50m breaststroke at 3:15pm. Swimmers will have their times officially recorded using electronic timing equipment and will be encouraged and supported by senior club swimmers.
This is a great way to experience Club swimming and see if it is for you. Entry is cost free and completely obligation free.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Claire Duncan firstname.lastname@example.org
COME'N'TRY ENTRY LINK
Member Login Hi, (First Name) | Log Out
Member ResourcesTechnical Officials & Timekeeping Swimmer Resources Club Resources Club ManagementManagement Committee